Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tickle My Tummy Tuesdays


My children never cease to amaze me! Just when I think I have seen it all, they do something that sends me rolling laughing!

My 16 year old started drivers education (the driving portion) yesterday. She came home this morning and informed me that the teacher only fussed at her 8 or 9 times, but she feels like she is doing a great job! She does not understand the concept of letting the steering wheel glide thru your hands when turning. She puts a death grip on the steering wheel and trys to turn it while holding her hands in the typical 10 and 2 position. It is the funniest driving I have ever seen and even funnier that she really does not understand why this does not work!

I have been trying to allow my 2 1/2 year old to play a role in her decision making. So instead of telling her what she is going to or not do, I give her 2 choices. When she offers a 3rd choice, I tell her "That is not an option". Never did I think she would turn that around on me. But she did. I was getting her ready to go and I told her to sit down so that I could fix her hair. She spun around and looked at me with the most serious face ever and said "That is just not an option Mommie". I laughed soo hard the I almost wet my pants!

My 13 month old has a nack for starring people down. My brother swears he is going to be one heck of a card player! But the funny part is how he does it. I drops his chin to his neck and cuts his eyes back up and does not blink for anything in this world! It is soo cute, I cannot help but laugh at him everytime he does it.

My children, they keep me on my toes! But I would not change them for the world.

0 comments: