Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Toddler Crafting with Macaroni

I try to do some kind of craft with Alexis every week and pretty much, I try to use things we have around the house. I had completely forgotten about the macaroni jewelry that I had made when I was in Early Childhood Development classes until we cleaned out some boxes in our storage building last week and I found mine. So, I thought it would be fun to do with Alexis. She had a blast!

You are not limited to macaroni necklaces, you can also make bracelets and anklets.

  • Put macaroni in a jar, drop in a few drops of food coloring and shake gently until you get the color you like (we did several different colors).
  • Spread on newspaper or papertowels to dry.
  • Put each color into an old butter tub or other plastic container with a lid.
  • Use a shoestring or yarn with end taped and let your toddlers imagination go!

This is also a good way to teach sorting by colors (I am working with Alexis now of her colors).

0 comments: