Monday, November 17, 2008

Sick Babies...Tired Mommy






Well this has been a crazy day! Over the weekend my oldest daughter got impetigo on her face and we had to go to the doctor this morning. They called in some prescriptions and sent us on our way. So I figured, while we are out we will go ahead and do our grocery shopping for the week. I got up to the register to check out and my phone rang. It was my husband so I answered it, all I hear is “I am at my moms, I had an accident and my hand is pretty messed up”. I PANICED! I hurried out of the store, going as fast as I could to get to my mother-in-law and I walk in to find him with a swollen hand, some cuts and a lot of bruising. Can we say DRAMA QUEEN?? And then, just when I thought the day would calm down, I came home, put the babies down for nap and starting cleaning up the kitchen when Alexis woke up. I went to pick her up and she was on fire. I took her temperature and it was 103.4 degrees. I called the doctors office and the only appointment that had available was 7 pm so I took it. Luckily the appointment was with Dr. G (my favorite doctor). He listened to her chest and told me that her stomach sounded like a washing machine. She has a 24 hour stomach virus that has to run its course. Unfortunately he said that she would be in pain and very uncomfortable during the 24 hours.

Now it is the end of the day and I can honestly say that I do not want another day like this again for a while. Dealing with a 18 year old, 15 year old, 2 year old, 6 ½ month old and an 81 year old when they are all feeling well is rough enough. Dealing with them when 2 are sick and one is teething is enough to drive a person up the wall!

0 comments: