Sunday, November 2, 2008

Glover Family Beach Trip 2008


Only a few more hour and we leave for Myrtle Beach!

This has been a very busy and hectic past few days. We have been at church this week 3 nights for practice until 8-9 o'clock each night and then back to church on Friday for the Fall Festival. Which I have to say went wonderfully!

I am so proud of all my guys who took time out of their schedules this week to come and work with me to do a skit for the festival. THEY DID A GREAT JOB! For those of you who do not go to my church, let me explain a little. Each of the people who participated are not people who you would expect to see playing the roles that they played. There were a couple of teenagers who are shy and have been in some trouble and they stepped out of their comfort zone and they all did a fabulous job. There were several people who approached me after the skit in tears telling me how they felt like it was their life before they found Jesus. We did the Lifehouse "
Everything" skit. Check it out for yourself. We have been asked to perform again at church this morning and to go out into the community with the Pastor to perform as well! WAY TO GO GUYS! I am soo proud of each of you!

Next we spent several hours on Saturday finishing up packing for the beach and packing the car for our next adventure,
Myers Lake for the Halloween Festival. There was Trick or Treating from 4-6 p.m., dinner at 6:30 p.m., a Hay Ride at 7:15 p.m. and then a Live Band, Dancing and a Haunted House. We had a car full for this one, Alexis, Ashley, Beverly, Brittany, Nicholas and myself in one car, Alec and moma in another car. Not to mention the fact that Aunt Debbie, Uncle Al, Adam, Kathy and Jason were all there as well. This has been a family tradition for 22 years now. Every year at Halloween we have gone and each year it is just as wonderful as it was the year before. I plan to take my children for as many years as Myers Lake offers these festivities and hopefully I will be able to take my grandchildren one day. Anyways, we left Myers Lake around 8:30 p.m. and headed home to call it a night.

I took tons of pictures at the Festival and Myers Lake and will be posting them when we get back from the beach. I would have posted them tonight but with all the hustling to get the car packed to leave tomorrow, my camera got packed as well. So check back later this week and I promise the pictures will be here, as well as the new ones from the beach.

0 comments: