Saturday, August 9, 2008

Saturday Sleepiness

This has been a rather crazy day for our family, not that there would be any other kind of day (ha, ha).

Alexis stayed at her Mamaw & Papaw's house last night and Nicholas stayed at his Nana's so I could get some sleep. Well, since the little ones were gone and I was so exhausted, I decided to take a couple of my sleeping pills. Usually this would have been fine because I use to take 2 every night BUT I have not taken them in over a year now so 2 put me on my behind!

I woke up this morning to Alexis and my mother-in-law standing over me in bed. Don't get me wrong, I love my mother-in-law to death, but it was a little strange having her be the first person I laid eyes on this morning. So I pulled myself up into a sitting position to talk to her and Alexis just would not stop trying to get me out of the bed, once again this would usually be fine BUT I sleep in my birthday suit and my mother-in-law is sitting in the chair right in front of my bed.

Once my mother-in-law left and I got dressed I headed to my mothers to get Nicholas. He was passed out on her bed so I sat down to drink a cup of coffee. I thought for sure this would finish waking me up. NOT, 3 cups later and I was still dosing off everytime I sat down for more than a couple of minutes.

I consumed somewhere in the neighborhood of 6-7 cups of coffee today and never managed to completely wake up. NOW PLEASE TELL ME WHY THESE SLEEPING PILLS DID NOT WORK THIS GOOD BEFORE I HAD BABIES AND COULD SLEEP THE DAY AWAY, BECAUSE I AM A LITTLE CONFUSSED. I use to pray for at least 3-4 hours of sleep a night everytime I took these pills before and was lucky to get 2-3 hours at a time. Now, I feel like I could sleep for a week. I guess motherhood is much more exhausting than I ever realized.

Don't you ever wonder how in the world you keep up everyday???? God gives us mothers a strength and endurance unlike anything you can imagine. That is the only thing I can come up with, because there is not way that I have survived all these sleepless nights as a mother without God being on my side everyday!

Anyway, while I enjoyed my good nights rest, I was extremely happy to have both my babies back home tonight. I know every once and I while I need a break (since my husband does not chip in EVER), but I miss my babies sooo much when they are gone.

Even though I had a hard time keeping my eyes open today, I did manage to take a couple of pictures of Alexis & Nicholas. I have been really trying to keep the camera on me at all times now, I hate the thought of missing out on a good camera shot!







0 comments: