Thursday, June 5, 2008

Hearts are Breaking and Lives are Changing


Today someone I barely knew was buried and I have had a rush of emotions that I just need to express! Clint was 20 years old and getting ready to marry Amanda, my nephews aunt. He was on his way to work and was running late and since they get docked $25 just for being 1 minute late, he passed a car in a no passing zone, lost control of the car, flipped it and is now gone forever. Amanda was in the car with him and she has several severe injuries herself. I had dinner with Amanda tonight and seeing her and the hurt in her eyes just broke my heart. I cannot even begin to imagine what she is going thru! We all know that death is a part of life and that we will all lose someone at some point in time in our life. BUT HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH THE DEAL OF SOMEONE YOU LOVE SO MUCH THAT EVEN THE THOUGHT OF THEM BEING GONE FOREVER MAKES IT HARD FOR YOU TO BREATH???? You hear everyone say things will get better, but they never really do. You may learn to think about it less and you may get better at hiding your tears from the rest of the world. But that kind of loss and pain in your heart will never disappear!

I love you Amanda and I want you to know that I am always here for you. You have been a part of our family since you were 5 years old and I have watched you grow into such a beautiful, smart and strong woman! I know that you are hurting so much that you just want to give up, but now is the time for you to cling to God and pull the strength you lack from him. Just remember that Clint loved you more than anything else in this world and even though you might not be able to touch him, he is always with you even when you feel alone. Tonight at dinner I wanted so badly to hold you in my arms and cry with you until neither of us could cry anymore!

I would like to ask everyone who reads this to remember Amanda and Clints family in your prayers tonight. They have suffered such a tremendous loss and need all the love and support they can get right now. I would also like to ask that you take a minute to think about the people you love most and remember that tomorrow is not promised to any of us. So take advantage of every chance you get to say "I LOVE YOU"!

0 comments: