Thursday, March 6, 2008

Getting Ready for Baby

Tonight I picked up the dust ruffle for the crib from my grandmother-in-law. She is helping me create the bedding and curtains for Alexis and Nicholas's room. So I came home afterwards and got on a kick of getting the crib ready. I put batteries in all the crib toys and put them on the crib, changed the sheet to blue and cleared away all the pink blankets and replaced them with baby boy colors. It still does not seem possible that we will have a sweet little boy in less than 8 weeks. It seems like we just had Alexis and then we were pregnant again and now he is almost here. Life happens so fast it is almost scary.

I look at Alexis some times and I just want to cry, my little girl is not so little anymore. She is so independent, she wants to feed herself, go up the steps by herself and even wants to go to the potty by herself. I guess what they say is true, "she's getting out of the way for a new baby"!

I just wish I could keep all three of my babies BABIES forever.

0 comments: