Friday, March 14, 2008

Crazy Thoughts




OK, before I start with my thoughts, let me first say that I am very much a christain and believe that God does not make mistakes. BUT I watched the funeral last night for the 2 fire fighters that died last Friday on a fire call and it really bothered me that they died saving a building. I know that it was their time to go and it was not the fire's fault, they could have died laying on the couch at home, but the human side of me cannot help but feel a little angry and hurt at the same time. Hearing the last bell sound and their torn of duty ending brought back so many memories from my step-fathers funeral and hearing his Cheif saying Robert Lee James Jr. your tour of duty is over, job well done. Those are words that I will never forget! Robbie was not just my step-father, but was only a couple of years older than me and had been a friend long before my mother married him. I commend our fire fighters, police officers and EMT's for what they do on a daily basis and I say a prayer for their families everytime I hears a siren. To put their lives on the line everyday for people they do not even know, who are we to deserve that kind of love? That is a love close to God's love and I wish them all the blessing in the world for being so selfless!


0 comments: